Who does this policy apply to?
CORE values our clients and takes privacy seriously. We have policies in place for collecting, using, and securing all private personal and business information.
- We do not sell client information.
- We do not provide client information to persons or organizations outside of CORE, for their own marketing purposes.
- We afford prospective and former customers the same protections as existing customers with respect to the use of personal and business information.
- We collect and use information that is necessary to administer our business.
- We may collect information from customers:
- on customer applications (such as telephone, address, credit history, credit card and banking information).
- from your transactions and interactions with us.
- We share information about our transactions and experiences with you within CORE to better serve you. We may also disclose customer information about you to our suppliers or organizations outside of CORE as permitted or required by law.
- By working/engaging with CORE, you provide CORE with your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of certain personal and/or business information, including that previously collected, for the purposes of communicating with you; assessing your application, analyzing business results, and acting as required by law.
How does CORE protect your personal and/or business information?
- CORE maintains physical, electronic, and organizational safeguards to protect customer information. We continually review our policies and practices, monitor our computer networks, and test the strength of our security to help us ensure the safety of customer information.
- We utilize computer systems that restrict access to customer information.
- Our physical premises have security safeguards that assist in the prevention of unauthorized access to our facility. These safeguards include locked offices, security pass entrance, alarm system with video surveillance and sign in requirements for visitors to the premises.
- CORE restricts access to customer information to those employees and contractors that the management of CORE has determined as a “need to know” that information in order that CORE may provide services to its customers.
- We have established procedural requirements and trained our staff to be respectful and to comply with this policy.
- Customer information will be stored in accordance with our record retention policy.
- We will retain customer information only for the time frame that is either:
- required for the purposes as explained to you;
- as recommended by regulators, accreditation bodies or legal counsel;
- as required to perform the services of CORE; or
- as required by law.
- When we dispose of customer information we will do so in a secure manner.
Can I review and, if needed, correct my customer information?
CORE tries to ensure that all customer information on file is as accurate, correct, and complete as necessary for CORE to run its operations safely and efficiently. Information contained in inactive or closed files is not actively updated or maintained.
CORE will allow customers to review their information at any time.
Who should you contact for questions or concern?
CORE’s Privacy Officer is Leslie Gallagher who can be contacted at 416-260-2673. We investigate all privacy complaints received. If we cannot resolve the matter to your satisfaction it can be escalated to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
EXC POL P009C